February 1, 2014

Nesting and My Never Ending To Do List

Nesting is a powerful sensation that every time I have been pregnant wills me to get things done that I would have otherwise left for completion till a later date or wished someone would do it for me.  One of the things that I have been working on lately that I would blame completely on my nesting instinct  is painting all of the trim in our house!  NOTE: Our house is 3000 sq. ft. so that is a TON of trim!!!

Some other items that are on my Nesting/To Do Before the Baby Comes List is the following:

- Finish filling out Sawyer's baby book
- Get completely up to date on Sawyer's scrapbook
- Stain wood beams above built in's in our living room (once our brother in law created the doors to cover our hole the stain of the wood above it was off by just a bit plus it looked dried out so we needed to give it a couple of coats to freshen it up)
-Stain the stairs way up to the man cave (originally there was carpet but it was pulled out and left bare once we moved it and we haven't gotten around to staining it yet)
- Create shelves in garage that are suspended from the ceiling so that seasonal items and decor can be moved up off of the floor
- Paint all trim and door frames throughout whole house
- Paint new baby's room (once we find out what it is I will start looking for the perfect color(s)
- Paint our bedroom and bathroom (these two rooms open up to each other and are only divided by our double sided fireplace)
- Move our printed from the office downstairs to the office upstairs
- Purchase furniture for baby's room (crib and dresser and bookshelves)
- Purchase shelves to place in baby's room to display books.  I'm thinking something like this:
Photo Courtesy of Here

- Determine window treatment for Nursery
- Reorganize the Nursery closet
- DIY many different items for the Nursery as well as clothing items for the baby.  If you follow me on Pinterest you know I love a good DIY Baby item!

For now this is enough for me to feel overwhelmed so I'll get back to painting some trim!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!
XO,
Bailey