November 30, 2017

How I Spent...Thanksgiving 2017

We road tripped out to Oregon for a whirlwind 8 day trip, mixing business with pleasure and logged over 2600 miles on our car!  We road tripped from Colorado out to Southern Oregon, spent a couple of days there before heading to Eugene to watch the Ducks play.


We took a quick pit stop at the top of a pass in Nevada for the kids to see their first snow of the season.

Kinley helping Grandpa start a fire
Enjoying a brat while tailgating before the game!
My girlfriend Erin and I- it had been over a year since I had seen her!
Erin's husband Donny and I snuck down onto the field right before kickoff and it was amazing!
Donny and I- what a cool experience

Finally sitting in my actual seat!

Enjoying some hot cocoa and the game!
The next day we headed out to wine country to pick up some shipments from our wine clubs.  On top of the original shipment we also picked up a Jeroboam (the equivalent of 3 bottles in one) for when Kinley gets married.  We opened one a couple nights before our wedding and it is a special memory for us to look back on so we decided to do the same for Kinley.
Here Kinley and Tice are with the bottle
Enjoying downtown McMinnville 
Some of my favorite girls!  People always ask me what I miss about living in the Northwest and I always say "nothing but my friends there!"
On Monday while Tice had a packed meeting schedule Erin took the day off of work and we got our kiddos together for a fun day.  We started by swimming at our hotel pool and then headed out to grab some lunch and ride on the Portland Streetcar.  The kids loved it!
Trying to stay dry
Playing on an old train car near downtown.

After being in Portland for a couple of days we headed to Sunriver for the afternoon and to meet up with a friend and her daughter at their indoor water park.  The kids had a great time but were all tired from the amount of travel we had been doing.

After being in Sunriver we headed back down to Southern Oregon and had Thanksgiving at my father in law's home.  I ended up making Thanksgiving dinner for 8 people but it was by far the smoothest cooking experience of any Thanksgiving I have tackled yet, even though I was in a brand new to me kitchen.
My little helper putting ice in our water glasses
The view from the backyard- Mount Shasta in the distance

All in all it was a wonderful trip filled with great memories but I don't want to be back in the car for that long for a WHILE!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Bailey