September 4, 2013

Recent Happenings...Fall Decor

I recently decided that the fireplace mantel needed a bit of a pick me up for fall so I went to Michael's, picked up a couple of items to use in addition to items I already had laying around and created this.



I created the banner out of some paper sack colored scrapbook paper that I ran through our printer with the desired font and then framed a subway print I found on Pinterest (which I also printed off my home computer).  I then took some dead aspen tree branches we had in our backyard and added some glittery falls leaves I picked up at Michael's and hot glued them in areas to the branches.  

I love how it turned out.  I am planning on changing up the print in the frame, writing on the chalk board frame, and making a new banner for each new season or holiday- next up Halloween in October.