January 14, 2014

Our Morning Routine

In an effort to try and remember the small, ever changing things I decided to write a post about our routine before Sawyer's afternoon nap.  


Between 7 and 7:45 AM
Sawyer wakes up which is also my alarm.  I head in to his room, change his diaper, and then we head out to our great room to get coffee started for me and to get him a cup of milk while I prepare his breakfast.  

Around 8 AM 
Sawyer eats his breakfast which changes daily.  Some days it's a green smoothie that we share, other days its oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, and other days its fruit and frozen waffles.

8:30 AM
I typically start doing some cleaning.  I start with the breakfast dishes and the dishes from dinner the night before if there are any left.  Every Monday is my vacuum day where I vacuum the whole house.  Other days I do a bathroom or deep clean the kitchen or mop the floors.  Sometimes this can take up to an hour.

Around 10 AM 
Depending on the day and the level of motivation we either head to the gym or I get ready for the day and we head out to run some errands with my mom and visit my Grandma.  On days that I head to the gym we are typically there for about an hour and then we either run a quick errand afterwards, grab some lunch, or head straight home.  On days that we run errands we might go grocery shopping and then grab something for my Grandma for lunch or just pop in for a quick visit with her.  Other times I pick up my mom and we run errands together to locations that we both have on our list or places that it may be harder to keep Sawyer on good behavior.

Around Noon
We eat lunch.  If I grabbed something from somewhere it is typically something that I can share with Sawyer (Mac and Cheese and Chicken from Noodles and Company or a bean burrito from Taco Bell).  If we are eating at home Sawyer will get something like chicken nuggets, fish sticks, leftovers of some kind, plus fruit and his vitamin, plus a cup of extremely watered down juice.

Between 12:30 and 1:30 PM
Depending on how fast Sawyer's melt down is coming determines his nap time.  Then on great days he naps 4 hours and on not so great nap days he sleeps for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then of course it can be any where in between that too!

There we have it my typical schedule for a week day around here!

Thanks for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey