February 3, 2014

What's For Dessert...Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries

With Valentine's Day on the near horizon I decided to make one of my favorite seasonally inspired desserts, Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  There is something about them that makes me feel fancy when I eat them!  I used the recipe in the Pioneer Woman's newest cookbook that my mom got me for Christmas which I can't stop cooking things out of.  


I simply rinsed the strawberries under cold water, dried them off, and then dipped them in 1/2 of a bag of melted dark chocolate that I had in a glass bowl which was over a pot with simmering water. 

Once I dipped them in the chocolate, I placed them on a sheet of parcement paper so that the chocolate could set.


Here are some shots of the process
My chocolate melting over the simmering water

Drying my strawberries off on a clean kitchen towel

My finished product drying on parcement paper

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey