March 16, 2015

How I Spent...My Long Weekend in Chicago

Tice and I returned yesterday from Chicago after the most amazing long weekend.  We went for Tice's work but I was able to tag along and have fun while he worked during the day and then accompany him for the work related events at night.   We were pick up by limo upon arrival at the airport and then taken to our hotel, the Peninsula.  It was beyond beautiful but the service was on another level, the best we have ever experienced.  For example, I had tried to make reservations at RPM Italian prior to our trip but the best they had was availability at 3:30 or 11 PM at night...neither of which would work so when we arrived at the hotel I talked to the concierge and immediately they were able to get us in at 8 PM!  I was beyond excited!






Thursday night after getting settled in we made our way over to happy hour at Moe's Cantina for some margaritas.  I had a mango which was so yummy!

After Moe's we headed to Gibson's Steakhouse for dinner and then headed over to Tavern on the Rush for after dinner drinks in the VIP area.  We had such a fun time- so much in fact I paid for it the next morning.

After a day full of shopping we made our way over to Quartino and had dinner before heading to Sienna Tavern for after dinner drinks.  We headed home and Tice went to the spa and I feel asleep.

The next day we had to ourselves so we woke up early to see all of the St. Patty's Day festivities beginning and grabbed some breakfast after a quick workout.  I did some more shopping after that and then we met friends for lunch and finally headed home for a cocktail in our hotel's lobby and to take a  nap before going to dinner.  We walked to dinner and seriously we seated at one of their nicest table.  We got to chat with their somm before selecting our bottle of wine for the evening and then dined on some of the best Italian food we have ever eaten, including in Italy!

My view while working out

People getting lined up all along the river so that could see the river getting dyed green- it was madness 


Breakfast is served

This sandwich was super yummy!  Short Ribs have never been so good!



The Willis Tower from the bottom outside




Finally Sunday morning we had to be up early to catch our flight.  I hope that we get to attend this conference every year because it was a trip that we will always remember!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I will be back later this week so I can share the purchases I made while we were there for both myself and the kids!
XO,
Bailey