January 25, 2016

How I Spent...My Weekend in Crested Butte

For Christmas my parent's got us a night away in Crested Butte instead of a bunch of gifts.  They kept the kids for the night and we headed out of town early on Friday morning.  It was the PERFECT gift!  We had some grand plans of skiing or snowshoeing but by the time we got there all we really wanted to do was try some fun restaurants and sip some tasty cocktails!  We started out at Secret Stash Pizza which was really, really good!
My strawberry margarita!


On Main Street
Heading up to Mt. Crested Butte and our hotel the Evaluation Hotel

After checking in we headed over to the Avalanche Bar for more cocktails.  I had the Horni Killer and it was so, so, so good!




After taking the bus back into town we headed over to this bar called the Dogwood.  They had the best cocktails of the night by far and they were all super creative and yummy!  The drinks made me realize that I need to be infusing my liquors.
The cool bar
More neat decor items

 Finally after the Dogwood we headed to Soupcon for dinner.  I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have had in a LONG time and Tice and I LOVE food!
The chef started us off with a duck confit crostini


Then we had a lump crap tower with homemade potato chips
Then for my entree I decided to do soup and salad...so amazing!  My mouth is watering just looking back at these pictures again!  This was a spring green salad with chunks of parm cheese, crisp pancetta, and green goddess dressing.
Then my soup was a pureed french onion with cream and crab
Tice had the short ribs and didn't leave a bite on the plate
Finally we finished with donuts.  They had a vanilla and espresso dipping sauce that I could have drank all night.

Then before heading out of town we headed to the Sunflower because a local had recommended it- it was by far the worst meal of the trip.  The service was slow and the portions were SMALL!

Heading home...it doesn't look this cold but when we took this picture it was 0 degrees out!


Then on Saturday night we headed over to a friend's house for a casual game night!  Each couple brought a couple of different appetizers and we just had a fun, casual night of fun.


Once Sunday rolled around all we cared about was watching the Broncos game so we hung out at home relaxing all day until the game started!  I am SUPER excited that they won!  I can't wait to watch them in the Super Bowl!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Cheers to a new week!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Bailey