February 16, 2016

How I Spent...Valentine's Day Weekend

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day weekend.  We sure ate a lot of yummy food but were also able to get in a lot of family time which was great after the last couple of busy weeks we have had.
My mom and I decided to kick off the weekend by painting Kinley's toenails for the first time.  I had seriously dreamed about getting the opportunity to do this since before I was pregnant the first time.  It was so fun and she LOVED it!  She looks down at her toes and comments "Oooo!"

I was also able to get some scrapbooking done and get some things organized before I head out in a couple weeks for a scrapbooking trip!
On Saturday night we went out for drinks, dinner and the symphony.  I ended up wearing this dress and received a TON of compliments...most from complete strangers!  
My Valentine's dinner outfit

Tomato Bisque complete with heart shaped grilled cheese
Yummy truffles and Baked Alaska for dessert
A little #treatyoself moment.  This dress is what I picked up at my favorite local shop.
Then on actual Valentine's Day we stayed home and made dinner.  We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of wine and had Alaskan King Crab legs, steak, french fries, and bernaise sauce.


The kids enjoyed opening a couple of gifts from us and their grandparents!

Sawyer got a puppy hooded bath towel
Kinley received her first piggy bank!

Before bed the kids decided to put a big bowl of our wine corks to good use and make a cork pit instead of a ball pit.




Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
XO,
Bailey