January 28, 2013

What's for....Breakfast- Cinnamon and Sugar Crusted Waffles

My typical breakfast consists of a bowl of oatmeal most mornings so when I suddenly had a craving for waffles a couple of Sundays back I jumped at the opportunity to make something different.  I LOVE cinnamon and sugar and happened to have some cinnamon chips in my pantry so I whipped together a typical plain waffle recipe that I found online but jazzed the batter up with some of the chips!  

All of the dry ingredients whisked together
The batter ready for the chips
 Adding in the chips!

Finally after cooking the waffles on my waffle iron I brushed them with a bit of melted butter and then dipped them in a combination of cinnamon and sugar!  We finished them off with a bit of syrup and they were out of this world good!
Our finished product