November 10, 2013

How I Spent My...Weekend

Tice was out of town this weekend in Kansas hunting with my dad so I was on Mommy duty! Friday night Sawyer and I stayed home and I made this for dinner.   It was pretty good although I'm not sure if I will be making it again.
On Saturday morning Sawyer decided that 5:55 AM was an appropriate time to wake up although I would have had to disagree so in an attempt to kill some time I took him to this new donut shop in town that we hadn't tried yet called Raise and Glaze.
Sawyer and his Broncos donut!
A donut/croissant hybrid.  It was pretty good!

Overall the service was excellent and the donuts were ok.  After all of the sugar I went for a long walk with Sawyer and some girlfriends.  The weather was amazing for this time of year in Colorado, the low 60s.
Stroller: Orbit (I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this stroller system!)

That night my mother in law had Sawyer over for a bit of a sleepover so my mom and I went and had pedis, happy hour, and then watched Admission.  The walk or the waking up before the sun put him to sleep way before his normal nap time.

Lemondrops during dinner with my mom

Sunday I picked up Sawyer early ran some errands and then had my Mom and Grandma over for a dinner of black bean soup, pepper jack grilled cheeses, and no-bake pumpkin cheesecake cups.  All in all a pretty great, relaxing weekend!

Waiting for Grandma and GG to arrive on Sunday for dinner

The pumpkin pie cups

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,