November 12, 2013

What's For Dinner...Pork Nachos

Last Wednesday I made a copycat recipe of Cafe Rio's Pulled Pork and because we had tons of leftovers I decided to use them again the next night in a different way and these nachos were born.

First up was gathering up ingredients to make a homemade queso.  I diced up half of a small onion and then placed it in a pot with 2 tablespoons of butter over medium low heat.  Once the onion was soft I added in 1/2 tsp of chili powder and cumin and then a 1/4 tsp of oregano.  I cooked the spices for 30 seconds and then added 2 tablespoons of flour.  Once the flour cooked a bit (30 seconds) I added in 1 cup of milk and brought it to a simmer.  Once the mixture was thickened I added 1 cup of cheddar cheese.  Once the cheese melted the queso was complete!

Once the queso was done I put a bunch of chips on a baking sheet then placed left over cilantro lime rice, black beans, leftover pulled pork, and the queso.  I put it in a 350 degree oven for 4 minutes until everything was heated through and then topped the tray with diced cilantro and green onions!  So yummy!  We may or may not have finished almost the entire thing!







Thanks so much for reading!
XO,