February 8, 2012

DIY Projects

Although I have been working on a ton of different projects lately for Baby Tice I hadn’t taken the opportunity to let you know how they are all coming along. 

Boppy Cover
For those of you that don’t know, the baby industry tries to suck every last penny out of an expectant parent and therefore sell items in two parts often times…the Boppy is a perfect example.  The pillows comes on its own and then you are forced to buy a cover so that if the baby spits up or something you can remove the cover and wash that rather then try and wash a pillow.  Catching on this little trick I promptly set out to figure out how to create a cover for less then half the going rate of most covers, $30.  So I found a how to on Pinterest and purchased the necessary zipper and fabric and voila a cover for my yet to be purchased Boppy pillow.  I really like how it turned out!



Hooter Hider
When I saw one of these for the first time I thought to myself what a great idea the item seemed like.  So I again found a how to guide on Pinterest or Google and crafted one for myself.  Here is the finally product!


Paci Keeper
My friend Nicole had made these before and when I was over the other day she told me to go ahead and use some of the scrap fabric I had left over from the Boppy Cover and make a pacifier keeper.  The hardest part was definitely the pulling the fabric back through itself but I think it was worth it in the end.

Handmade Felt Rug
So I was looking high and low for a good brown and white zebra rug...that wasn't to expensive.  Therefore I was looking for a needle in a hay stake so it was fate when I found a tutorial on how to make my very own rug from layers of felt.  I hand cut out each layer and then piece them together with hot glue or fabric glue depending on the layer.  Here is how it turned out...what do you think.  I don't think the pictures do it much justice.  Its pretty big, at least the width of the queen size bed in the nursery.






I just love how it turned out and I can’t wait to make the next one.
Those are all of the projects I have recently completed but I have quite a long list of items to start on such as:
Football Themed Onesie
Curtains for the Nursery
Changing Table Pad Cover
A Refinished Dresser for the Nursery
Leather Moccasins
A Large Play Mat
More Paci Keepers
Jersey Bibs

What is the favorite baby DIY project?

Follow me on Pinterest for the patterns and guides I used to create all of these items.