May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

This post is a day late and while I hope to continue to remain on time or early to events even after the baby arrives I might also want to warm up to the idea that I will run late to events occasionally and it will be completely out of my control- therefore you get this post- a day late! 

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I spent the day enjoying a homemade pancake breakfast courtesy of Tice and his wonderful cooking skills, laying around watching TV, talking a walk in the beautiful weather and diving into a BBQ dinner.  One would think that this sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day but to be honest it felt like any old Sunday.  Due to this fact as we were crawling into bed I let Tice know this and through tear soaked eyes told him "I can't believe you didn't even get me a card!"  Let's just say that my pregnancy hormones got the best of me and I ended up telling him that I kept thinking that he would at least whip out a card expressing his appreciation and love for me on this, my First Mother's Day. 

His thought process on the day, which he explained to me while I was dabbing my tear stained checks was that I'm not his mother and Sawyer isn't technically here yet so he didn't think we would actually celebrate it. 

WRONG...

Needless to say I got over it after we discussed my hormone charged feelings but he didn't- he slept terrible in fact so terrible that he got up at 4:30 AM to begin research on getting us the perfect camera.  (I had  mentioned that while the camera we have now is fine, I would love an upgrade because I know we are about to enter a time when we will be taking a TON of pictures).  The research he did led to a purchase and this little baby will be waiting for me when I get home tonight...

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens

Needless to say I am extremely spoiled!