October 20, 2012

Recipe Roundup

So far the work week of my little experiment has gone great.  Everything I made was a large enough quantity that we were able to have the leftovers for lunch the next day in most cases so I haven’t had to worry about coming up with items to have for lunch.
 
A quick reminder of the dishes I made this week
Monday- Bacon and Butternut Squash Risotto (Only item that I needed to purchase was the bacon)

Tuesday- Homemade Pretzel Bites with Warm Beer Cheese Fondue (I split each of these into a separate dish so I needed yeast for the pretzels and cheese for the fondue)

Wednesday- French Onion Soup (All I needed to complete the recipe was the gruyere cheese)
Thursday- We Ate at a Friend’s House
 
All recipes can be found in my RECIPES board on Pinterest if you are interested in making some of them!
 
So far the dish the both of us loved was the Homemade Pretzel Bites and Fondue.  Both of the recipes were SUPER simple!  So simple in fact that those pretzel bites might become as addicting to me as a bag of potato chips!
 
I have two more recipes in my back pocket, Korean Beef Bowls with Rice Noodles and Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole) that will get us to Monday where I will try and play this game for another week!