November 22, 2013

TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone!

I was watching the Chew on ABC this week and one of the cocktails that Michael Symon created at the end of one of the episodes was a drink with bourbon, apple cider, and ginger beer.  It looked fantastic and I can't wait to serve it at our pre-thanksgiving day dinner on Tuesday.   Although they didn't post a recipe on the Chew's website for it I was able to find something similar on Bon Appetit's here:
 Tice's brother is going to be in town so we are hosting 15 people on Tuesday night for a pre-family get together!  I can't wait!

Then on Wednesday my aunt, uncle, and cousins will be arriving so this weekend looks like it will be all about getting ready for next week! Plus tomorrow is my dad's birthday so we will be helping him ring in his 59th year!  I also plan on creating some DIY Christmas presents this weekend and getting them all wrapped up before Monday when family and friends start flooding into town!  Thanksgiving is seriously my favorite holiday and I can't wait for all of the festivities to begin.  The only thing that will be missing is my brother but he will be home around Christmas so FaceTime will have to do in the meantime.  

Thanks for stopping by!
XO,