June 26, 2014

Baby Girl's Nursery



When we found out we were having a little girl I was beyond thrilled!  I loved decorating Sawyer's nurseries (the one in Portland and the one in Colorado) as well as transitioning it into his big boy room but the idea of using girly colors and accessories really had me excited!  

It took me quite a while before I finally decided on the paint colors, Valspar's Radiant Orchid (the color of the year for 2014) and Blushing Violet.  I decided to only paint one wall, the largest one in the room with the Radiant Orchid because it was such a deep rich color and I didn't want the room to ever feel small.  Once the main wall was painted I followed up with the blushing violet on the rest of the walls.

After the walls were painted it was time for the DIY fun to really begin.  While we were in Portland in March I went to my favorite fabric store and grabbed two different fabrics that coordinated as well as matched perfectly with the Radiant Orchid color.  I created throw pillows out of one of the fabrics (tutorial found here) and then purchased a third fabric in a light teal/turquoise color to make two more pillows out of.

I made striped curtains (to date still the hardest DIY project I have ever completed, tutorial found here). hung them up on the two windows in the room, moved in the chair and ottoman from Sawyer's room, spray painted his old side table silver, found other accessories and painted them silver, hung book shelves, hung artwork and accessories, made the room feel as comfortable and calm as possible.
The painted hanger with a tutu I made for her





Some old books from me and my husband's childhoods as well some new additions








My handmade artwork featuring cards we received at my baby shower






Nursery Source List
Crib: Walmart, sold out (similar found here)
Chair & Ottoman: IKEA (similar found here)
Silver Side Table: Walmart (similar found here)
Striped Curtain Fabric: Joanne's
Book Shelves: IKEA
Crown Garland: Handmade by my Mom
Throw Pillows: Fabrics from Fabric Depot in Portland, OR and Hobby Lobby
Plain White Frames: IKEA
Vase: Old, also loving this one 
Silver Frames: Target, old similar here
Purple Blanket: Hand knitted by my Husband's grandmother
Dresser: Antique, used by my husband growing up, then used in Sawyer's nursery and now in here
Silver Mirror: Goodwill then spray painted
Silver K: Michael's
Headband Holder: DIYed (tutorial found here)
Mobile: DIYed (tutorial found here)
Crib Sheet and Changing Table Cover: DIYed (tutorial found here)
Bumper: Amazon (similar found here)
Peonies: Michael's
Crown Hanger: Hobby Lobby
Artwork Over Crib: Handmade by Tice and I
Stuffed Lamb: Amazon 

If I missed something please leave a comment and I will do my best to tell you were is is from!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey