August 19, 2014

Kinley's One Month Update

My big photo bomber messed this one up but it was the only one where she was looking at the camera with wide eyes!

My sweet baby girl turned one month old on Sunday and as any parent with a newborn will attest...time has flown by!  Tice and I both agree that she is a much better baby then Sawyer was but that might be because Tice and I are more comfortable which helps- hard to say for sure.

Below are more photos and Kinley's one month update.





Weight: She had gained back all of her birth weight by the time of her first ped visit at 3 days and by her 2 week appointment she has gained over a pound, weighing in a 8 pounds 3 ounces!  The doctor was very pleased!

Health:  She hasn't had a majority of her vaccinations yet but we were told looked great at her 2 week check up!

Sleep:  She kind of tricked us in the beginning because the first week to ten days that she was home she slept like an angel.  She gave us quite a few stretches, some of them up to 6 1/2 hours which was blissful.  Then as time has gone on she has developed more of a routine during the night.  She goes down after taking her bath, having a bottle of breast milk (any where from 2 to 4 ounces).  She varies on time but it's anywhere from 8:30 to 10 PM depending on how long it takes her to fall asleep.  Then she will wake up about 3 to 4 hours later.  We hurry to change her diaper, I breastfeed her, and 99% of time she falls asleep while feeding and passes out again for 4 hours.  She finally wakes up for her last time in the night any where from 4 to 5:30 AM and repeats the cycle.  She normally wakes up in the morning around 8 or 8:30 AM.  During the day she sleeps a ton and only wakes a couple of time for up to an hour a piece around 8 AM, 11 AM, and 2 PM before taking a long nap and then waking up before bed around 6:30 PM.

Social:  She smiled for the first time at mommy on August 15th and enjoys being held by anyone.
Diet:  She is exclusively breast feed and I have been able to create quite the stockpile which I hope continues for the next couple of months.  I would love to stop breast feed around 8 months but have enough breast milk in my stockpile to make it to 1 year.  Wish me luck!
Clothes: She was in newborn sizes until about 2 weeks old and then moved into 0-3 month which she is currently in.

Baby Gear:  She loves her bouncer and I LOVE our double stroller and carseat by Orbit baby.  When Kinley was about 3 weeks old, one of the handles on the side of the carseat that allows the seat to click into place, whether in the carseat base or the base of the stroller snapped.  One side still worked so it wasn't totally broken but I called Orbit's customer service last Friday and they are sending me over a brand new G3 carseat.  I just need to use all of the padding in my old seat.  I was so pleased!

Crying:  When Kinley finally decides to wake up she normally only cries a little bit and it is the cutest little cry- not very loud and reminds me of a little lamb.  My mom said my cry reminded her of a lamb to so that must be where she gets it.

Likes: She really likes the ceiling fans in our home and can watch them for long periods at a time.  She also loves her little bouncer and prefers sleeping in it more then anything else.  She sometimes sleeps the first portion of the night sleep in that first over her pack and play.  

Postpartum: I am extremely happy with the progress that I have made so soon.  I only have 5 pounds to lose before I will have lost all of the weight that I gained with Kinley but still have about 15 pounds to be back where I was when we got married which is my ultimate longterm goal.  I started following Weight Watchers again about 4 days ago, following their guidelines for nursing mothers and have already lost 2 pounds in that short amount of time.  Hopefully before I head to Scottsdale in a month I can say I have lost all of my baby weight and then some!

Milestones: Besides smiling, Kinley hasn't hit any major milestones but she will be going on her first roadtrips in the next couple of weeks and our hope is that she is as good of a traveler as Sawyer is and was!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey