October 7, 2014

Getting Festive...Halloween Mantel Decor

After not loving my Halloween mantel decor last year I decided to look to Pinterest for even more inspiration and found it when I saw a pin featuring a mantel by Grandin Road.  The mantel had a fabric banner with various printed fabrics forming V's.  The fabrics were fine but I knew I could find some that liked even more so I decided to make my own.  I went to Joanne's and picked up 3 different fabrics and purchased an 1/8 of a yard in each fabric.  I then cut each 1/8 into 4 equal pieces.

Once the pieces were all cut out I lined them up
I then ironed each piece so that I would have a smooth edge.  After ironing I sewed around all three ironed sides and then ironed them flat. 
Once they were sewn and ironed I pinned them to my ribbon 
A close up of them pinned to the ribbon
Then I sewed them onto the ribbon 

Finally I hung the banner up and added a couple of other items to create a finished look, including my trusty chalkboard, a glitter pumpkin, and glitter sign from Hobby Lobby and this printable .  All in all I love how it turned out and can't wait to use the banner for years to come!



Have you decorated for Halloween yet?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey