December 27, 2014

How We Spent...Our Christmas

Our Christmas this year was filled with lots of food, family, and fun!  We spent Christmas Eve at our club enjoying their lobster tail and prime rib buffet.  We went with my parents as well as one of Tice's co-worker's family who were in town visiting from North Dakota and Seattle.  After dinner we went home to open our Christmas Eve PJ's- a new tradition in these parts!  The kids looked adorable and I can't wait to continue the tradition for years to come.  
Matching bow ties for the win!

Enjoying a little Chuggington and a chocolate brownie

Opening our Christmas Eve pajamas


On Christmas morning we all woke up and opened presents.  Santa brought Sawyer a brand new car which he is obsessed with!  He literally couldn't think about anything else for the rest of the day.  All he wanted to do was go outside and drive it.  






After presents were opened I made my Grandma Keller's famous Cherry Kolaches.  They are made from a sweet dough recipe and then filled with Cherry Pie filling.  To go along with those I made biscuits and gravy with sausage patties on the side.  After breakfast we got ready and headed over to my sister in law's for a bit.  The boys exchanged gifts and we all enjoyed watching them play together.  We left there and then headed over to my parents house for dinner.  We had a Honeybaked ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, pretzel rolls, and my favorite rolo tart (which is a big tart with an oreo cookie crust, homemade caramel, and chocolate ganache on top- I look forward to making it every year on Christmas now).

All in all a wonderful holiday spent with the ones we love most!  Can't wait to do it again next year when I know Kinley will start to enjoy and understand more.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey