May 23, 2016

How I Spent...My Weekend in Napa & Sonoma Part 1

My girlfriend and I decided to meet somewhere fun and enjoy a little girl's getaway.  Tice watched the kids and we had the best time catching up!  I landed on Wednesday evening in Sacramento.  
Enjoying a cocktail during my extra long layover in SLC

We went out to dinner and then called it an early evening so that we could save up our energy for the following day in Sonoma.  After she worked for a couple of hours we headed to meet her aunt who lives in Sonoma at Gloria Ferrer.  This winery is all about the bubbles which I can't seem to get enough of lately.  The view, weather, and wines were a wonderful start to the afternoon.  Out of all of the wineries we went to this was my favorite I think!

The view from their tasting tables


Another beautiful view

Our second stop of the day was Cline.  For two girls that primarily drink Oregon Pinot Noir it was quiet the change in pallets but fun non the less.


After Cline we headed back to her aunt and uncles for the evening to enjoy their wonderful view and a delicious dinner her aunt prepared.  We also walked around the grounds of an old mansion in their neighborhood.










The next morning we headed out on a short hike so that we could climb to the top of some hills near their home and take in the view






After we got ready for the day we headed to downtown Sonoma and had brunch at Sunflower Cafe.

I will be back with Part 2 later this week and share photos from our time in Napa.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey