March 7, 2017

How I Spent...My Long Weekend in San Diego

Two weekends ago we headed to San Diego for a family function and had a wonderful getaway.  It was my first time in Southern California (minus airports) since I was a 3 years old so needless to say, a lot had changed :)  The kids did great in the car and Kinley did even better potty training while in the car then I could have imagined.  Because I am a chicken I put her in a diaper while we were driving but every time she had to go she always told us with plenty of time in advance for us to pull over.  This particular time, I was snapping a picture as a state patrol man pulled over.  Tice thought Kinley saved us from a ticket but the officer simply asked if we were all ok...so who knows.

We left around lunch time on a Friday and pulled into Vegas around 6 so we were able to enjoy a nice family dinner at our hotel, the Aria.  The kids convinced us to ride on the tram that the hotel has before we headed to bed and I would imagine that was their favorite part of the day.



Playing near the entrance the next morning

Finally we finished driving to San Diego on Saturday and arrived at our hotel, the Hyatt Regency at Mission Bay.  If the weather would have been warmer we could have stayed there all day.  It had multiple waterslides and pools and was super family friendly.  Tice and I both said we can't wait to go back.
The view from our room

Our pool side drinks



The next morning we headed to the beach and enjoyed ourselves even though the weather was chilly, in the 60's







Sawyer had so much fun he exhausted himself

The kids found some snails in this tree

Finally on Monday we headed back...shortest trip ever!  We were driving through Utah when a snowstorm had me white-knuckling every turn in the passenger's seat so we pulled over and stayed an unexpected night in Richfield, Utah.  We let the kids pull out their new Lego sets before bed.  


The trip was quick but wonderful and we can't wait to go back again soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
XO,
Bailey