September 20, 2013

TGIF...Fall Front Door Decor and Shipyard Pumpkin Ale




In addition to the fall decor I created for above our fireplace I also decided to give our front door a bit of a makeover for fall.  I purchased two planters from Target in the clearance area for $30 each.  Still a bit spendy but for something I can use year round I decided it was worth it.  I then placed two leaf picks in each planter, placed a faux white pumpkin which I grabbed from Michaels (left picks $2 each- I grabbed 4 and $15 each for the pumpkins).  With the planters completed I moved on to the door.  I grabbed 4 yards of decorative ribbon and then used that to hang four decorative letters that I printed from my computer onto card stock at varying lengths.  I love how it turned out!





In addition to the fall decor the other thing that is making it feel like fall around here is the shipment of Shipyard Pumpkin Ale that I received last week.  It is the absolute best pumpkin ale that I have ever had and I turn it up a notch by doing the following.

Shipyard Pumpkin Ale with a Spiced Rim

Need:
1 12 Oz bottle of Shipyard Pumpkin Ale
Raw Sugar
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Orange Slice

Take a frosty mug, rim the glass with some of the juice from your orange slice then dip it in a mixture of equal parts sugar and pumpkin pie spice.  Finally pour your beer in the glass and place orange slice on the edge!

This is my favorite fall beverage ever so try this one before all of the pumpkin ales are sold out!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
XO,